Thursday, November 25, 2010

What I am thankful for

This thanksgiving was very different for our family.  Philip was on call at the hospital all day, and we had no family in town to celebrate with.  It was hard on me at first, knowing that most people are sitting around with family and eating a delicious home cooked meal while I stayed at home with 2 little boys watching the Macy's parade and waiting for a phone call from Phil to see when we could go eat dinner with him at the hospital and knowing that once we were there, our dinner could be cut short any minute from beep from his pager.  After I was done feeling sorry for myself, I started thinking about how much I am truly blessed and that I have a lot to be thankful for!  Here are just a few:

I am thankful that I am able to eat Thanksgiving dinner with my husband and children even if it was hospital food (some people don't even get that).  I am thankful for my wonderful husband who works SO hard to provide for us, so I can stay home with my boys.  He is a wonderful father and husband!  Even after working 12 hour shifts, he comes home and watches the kids for me without complaining, so I can get a break.  We have been together for almost 12 years now, and I thank God everyday for him!

I am thankful for my 2 boys who provide so much joy in my life.  I can't help but smile when they smile and laugh when I hear them laugh.  I love them so much!  I am so thankful that I am able to stay at home and watch them grow up because time goes by so fast.

I am also thankful for the rest of my family (my parents and siblings).  I know I can count on all of my family to be there when I need them especially my parents.  They are always there for me and help me through the hard times.  I am not sure what I would do without their support or the many phone calls I give them to just say hi . =)

Here are some pics from our dinner.



I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving and a great holiday season!

No comments:

Our visitors