Phil is a resident physician. Becoming a doctor takes a lot of time. It is definitely a very large part of our life. But he is a dad and husband first. His kids and I need him too. Being there for your family while working 80 hours isn't always easy, but I think we do a pretty good job of figuring it out. I am glad we getting this part out of the way while the boys are still little so they don't know how much he is actually gone.
Phil has been working a lot for about a month! A lot means only about a half day off on Saturdays. The shortest shift was about 11 hours and the longest shift was about 29 hours (more than 80 hours a week)! It really hasn't been as bad of a month as I expected it to be! I have definitely had my moments of feeling like I am going crazy with 3 little boys at home and no husband, but overall it has been pretty good. Residency has truly made me become a better mom and more independent! We go camping next week and I am really looking forward to spending some time together!
The boys' favorite part of Daddy working 24 hour shifts is going to have dinner (and ice cream) with him at work! After dinner, they get to go to the resident lounge and play with toys with Daddy! Less than 11 months left until he is done with residency!!!

2 comments:
You and your family are amazing!! :)
Thank you Katie!!!!! =)
Post a Comment